This white paper is focused on updating LTE-Advanced and HSPA+ in Release 11 (Rel-11) items as the standardization was finalized at the end of 2012, and provides a detailed view of the ongoing Release 12 (Rel-12) features that are nearing finalization.
Rel-12 continues to build on LTE-Advanced and HSPA+ with further focus on downlink enhancements, needed strengthening to various small cell features, expanding carrier aggregation, enabling Machine Type Communications (MTC) and Wi-Fi integration, as well as looking at system capacity and stability.
It has been prepared by a working group of 4G Americas' member companies and the material represents the combined efforts of many leading experts from 4G Americas’ membership.
This white paper originally published at 4G Americas website
- Inside 3GPP Rel-13: Understanding the standards for LTE-A enhancements
- Inside 3GPP Release 13: Understanding the standards for HSPA+ and LTE-A enhancements
- LTE and 5G innovation: Igniting mobile broadband
- Mobile broadband evolution towards 5G: 3GPP Rel-12 & Rel-13 and beyond
- LTE CA technology development and deployment worldwide