Alcatel-Lucent will integrate the MXtv platform from NextWave Wireless to deliver mobile multimedia services over Wimax.
Under the agreement, Alcatel-Lucent will integrate MXtv into 802.16e-based Wimax solutions. The two companies announced plans to perform a series of interoperability tests starting second quarter this year.
According to NextWave, MXtv can offer up to 45 broadcast channels, streaming at 300kbps, in a pure broadcast overlay Wimax network and up to 20 broadcast channels in a hybrid mobile broadcast and broadband offering.
NextWave added MXtv provides fully-integrated broadcast and unicast of voice, data and rich media over each individual stream.
Allen Salmasi, CEO of NextWave Wireless, noted that the demand for mobile services - such as mobile TV and on-demand streaming content - is rapidly expanding and provides a key differentiating feature for fourth-generation or 4G networks.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast