04 Jan 2019
Below are highlights from the annual Analysys Mason predictions for telecoms, media and digital economy for 2019. Too lazy to read? Click on the video above.
- 5G: there will be many commercial 5G launches but consumers will not notice
- IoT: the market for IoT connectivity will continue to develop and new models will appear
- Enterprises: operators will buy IT operations to expand portfolios and there will be many SD-WAN launches
- Small and medium-sized businesses: this market will streamline with DaaS and cloud apps
- Homes: the battle for control of the emerging home ecosystem will intensify
- Digital transformation: operators will offer mobile apps for customer care, and will push into edge computing and network slicing
- Artificial intelligence: automation will lead operators to cut jobs and MSPs will capitalize on the needs of SMBs
- Investor value: business simplification initiatives will enable telecoms operators worldwide to reduce headcount
You can also download the free, slightly more detailed predictions, here.