The Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA) has formally launched the CASBAA Mobile Group, a team of CASBAA members dedicated to the effective, business-model focused deployment of mobile TV services across the Asia Pacific.
The announcement was made during the first plenary day of the CASBAA Convention 2006 in Hong Kong.
Among the CASBAA members in the newly formed group are mobile content providers Turner Broadcasting, ESPN Star Sports, CNBC Asia, BBC World, STAR Group, Walt Disney Television International and Sony Pictures TV International, as well as platform operator PCCW, handset manufacturer Nokia and chipset supplier Sun Microsystems.
"The CASBAA objective is to create an environment where the regulatory and business issues surrounding mobile TV can be debated with hard information exchanged to encourage the distribution of paid video content to as many mobile TV subscribers as possible," said CASBAA chief executive Simon Twiston Davies.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast