A latest White Paper from Infonetics Research focusing on the ‘Changing Role of Policy Management’ has identified Elitecore’s platform approach to Policy Management of strategic interest to operators. The White Paper talks on Policy Management moving beyond its traditional confinement of bandwidth control / management to emerge a more tactical part in IT & network operations facing real-time subscribers’ activity and agile marketing activities that drive service differentiation and innovative offerings in the era of smart devices.
“As policy expands beyond its traditional bandwidth management function, operators are increasingly looking for solutions that integrate policy control with adjacent functionality such as billing, charging and subscriber data management. Elitecore’s platform-based approach is well-positioned to capitalize on this trend and help operator use policy management capabilities to deliver differentiated services and innovative pricing models” says Shira Levine, Directing Analyst, Next Gen OSS and Policy.
“Elitecore’s integrated BSS and Subscriber management platform offers operators a profitable Synergy between Subscriber Management Platform & BSS (Network & IT Convergence), unlocking precious network information / subscriber usage pattern enabling operators in offering subscriber-aware service plans. This will greatly benefit marketing teams of the operators in creating compelling service plans and drive revenue from the same” said Vaibhav Mehta, Vice - President - New Business Development, Elitecore Technologies.
Elitecore’s Integrated Platform offers
1. Faster roll out innovative & differentiated services as a result of centralized database & Centralized Product management thus enabling service providers to create, launch & provision all offerings with reduced efforts and time to market. Moreover, it extends much needed support for new business models and capabilities to enable desired personalization for smart device subscribers for extracting utmost value from devices like PDAs & iPads
2. Enables in applying the knowledge of real-time network information pertaining subscriber content usage, device, location etc into profitable business action
3. With pre-integrated Service Selection Portal (SSP), PCRF & Charging systems, subscribers get to know applicable pricing & product benefits in real-time while opting for suitable schemes & promotions from the SSP; there is no separate integration effort needed for Advice of Charge feature
4. Cohesive business intelligence reports for Billing, AAA, Charging, PCRF unlocks precious network and subscriber behavior information and produces a bigger picture for aligning service strategy
5. Horizontally & vertically scalable with Geo redundant deployment
As operators roll out new services and capabilities, they have had to add new logic and control at the edges of their networks to better manage the requirements of these applications, as well as the wide range of end-user devices currently in use. The aim is for operators to have better visibility and control of their access networks so they can better manage overall and specific customer experience.
To read the complete whitepaper log on to www.elitecore.com/telecompractices
Shira Levine is directing analyst next gen OSS & Policy at Infonetics Research