The Economist reports the average cost of serving a customer at the Tameside Borough Council in Manchester, Great Britain, is $14.65 ($22.80) for a face-to-face exchange, $1.39 for a single contact through the call center and just $0.25 for self-service on the council's website. Based on these results Telecom Asia predicts an end to face-to-face customer service by the end of '08 - with phone support to follow soon after.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast