Equinix has brought the Equinix Performance Hub to Asia-Pacific ̶ a new solution that combines elements of data centers, networking infrastructure and connectivity, and cloud computing access to improve application performance.
The Performance Hub serves as an extension of the private enterprise network into an Equinix International Business Exchange (IBX) data center, enabling enterprises to connect to network and cloud service providers using their own infrastructure or off-the-shelf equipment supplied as part of a bundled offer.
Global enterprises such as Chevron, eBay, and Nvidia have already elected to deploy Performance Hub architectures in Equinix data centers around the world.
Global cloud traffic is forecast to grow 5.3 zettabytes a year between now and 2017, according to Cisco. In Asia-Pacific specifically, cloud traffic will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 43% through 2017. The combined forces of globalization and the reliance on collaborative, business-critical applications are causing significant demand on enterprise networks and IT architectures. As a result, these businesses need a robust, secure and distributed network to meet the performance needs of a dispersed user base.
Equinix developed the Performance Hub to address the needs of enterprises struggling to maintain the highest level of network performance and quality of service for global users.
Performance Hub deployments include:
- Equinix IBX data center hosting ̶ Cabinets, power, and cross connects
- Network connectivity ̶ Metro-Ethernet, long-haul (MPLS-VPN), ISP
- Network equipment ̶ Routing, switching, firewalls, SSL-VPN, load-balancers, WAN-acceleration
- Cloud connectivity ̶ Private, high-bandwidth connectivity to public clouds such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Windows Azure
- Ideal users of the Equinix Performance Hub are large, distributed companies who want to:
- Transform their WAN to improve performance while reducing costs
- Improve performance of collaborative, real-time business applications such as VDI, Microsoft SharePoint, and WebEx, where information is being shared across a distributed employee or end-user population
- Explore options to simplify their network and obtain private and secure connectivity between the public cloud and owned infrastructure, including enabling hybrid cloud deployments
- Renegotiate their WAN service provider agreements to leverage network choice
The Equinix Performance Hub is now available in Equinix’s Asia-Pacific data centers. Demo environments are available for proof-of-concept testing in Singapore and Sydney via Equinix’s Solution Validation Center.