F5 Networks announced support for leading virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions, including Citrix XenDesktop, VMware View, Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and others.
For customers using VDI technologies, F5 offers a unified and comprehensive approach to manage and accelerate network traffic, optimize performance, and centralize access and security policies. VDI solutions offer an alternative to the increasing cost, maintenance, and security concerns associated with
However, VDI solutions can also increase infrastructure costs, introduce scaling challenges in large deployments, and reduce performance due to the inherent latency of wide area networks (WANs).
- Polycom intros comm solution from with HP and Microsoft
- Webwire: India can't reopen Vodafone tax case; France leans on Google
- Webwire: Unitech given ultimatum; Apple lands blows in Samsung war
- Webwire: Youku buys Tudou; MS ramps up cloud push
- Webwire: ITC to review MS-Motorola case; NASA hacked 13 times in '11