Best Broadband Carrier
|Last year's winner:||Telekom Malaysia|
|Business segments:||Broadband, data, fixed-line|
|Chairman / CEO:||Halim Shafie / Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa|
|Key stats:||4.36 million fixed-line customers, 1.37 million HSBB premises, 2.07 million broadband customers; over 27,000 employees; revenue of $3.31 billion (9.99 billion ringgit), up 9% (FY12)|
Telekom Malaysia keeps the award after having declared 2012 as its year of customer experience, promising to dazzle customers with its triple-play package.
TM now has more than 540,000 customers signed up for its triple-play offerings, which translates to a 38% take-up rate.
Last year, TM surpassed the commitment set out in the public-private partnership agreement with the government under the high-speed broadband project. The operator completed the network and services roll out on time, within cost and with the workforce motivated and intact. The project was recognized around the world as one of the fastest and most cost effective, given the scope.
TM introduced various broadband packages, dubbed UniFi, which surpassed global benchmarks in terms of take up compared to similar service rollouts. HyppTV for Business, an option for its UniFi BIZ package, broke the sports content barrier with the introduction of HyppSports HD and Fox Football channels.
"TM empowers businesses with seamless solutions and services, cutting across connectivity, ICT infrastructure, value-added services and business process outsourcing services so enterprises can focus on their core businesses," said TM CEO Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa. "Whether for entertainment, information or communications, we help customers connect, communicate and collaborate."
"TM is now a leading regional example of the transformation of an incumbent PTT. The carrier won in this category for the second year in a row for recording one of the fastest rollout and adoption schedules for high-speed broadband and keeping fixed broadband a relevant driving force alongside mobile."
Telecom Asia Awards 2013 Winners:
- Best Asian Telecom Carrier - NTT Communications
- Telecom CEO of the Year - David Thodey, Telstra
- Best Mobile Carrier - SK Telecom
- Best Broadband Carrier - Telekom Malaysia
- Best Emerging Markets Carrier - XL Axiata
- Best Managed Services Provider - BT Global Services
- Best International Wholesale Carrier – Pacnet
- Best Data Center Services Provider - Equinix
- Best Community Telecom Project - Smart Communications' NOAH Mobile
- Most Innovative Telecom Project - Globe Telecom's My Super Plan
- Best Cloud-Based Service - NTT Communications
- Most Innovative Partnership Strategy - 3 Hong Kong and WhatsApp
- Most Advanced Approach to CEM - CSL