Facebook says it is now cashflow-positive and has signed up its 300 millionth user. The company hadn't expected to become cashflow-positive until 2010.
Huawei announced it had shipped its 60 millionth mobile broadband unit. The company supplies data cards, dongles and embedded modules to more than 133 countries worldwide.
The mobile broadband card market grew 10% in 1H09, with Huawei leading the market by revenue, according to Infonetics. The market is expected to be worth $8.4 billion worldwide by 2013.
Skype founders Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis have filed a copyright lawsuit against eBay, alleging the company violated copyright law by altering the VoIP service's source code, which the founders maintained control of when they sold the company to eBay.
Vietnamese company CMC Telecom Infrastructure has been granted the nation's 11th telecom license by the nation's Ministry of Information and Communications (MIC).
Philippine regulator NTC is mulling legislation which would require operators and premium service providers to set up a toll free phone number for customer service complaints.
- Webwire: Telstra signs $11b NBN deal; Huawei to help India on testing lab
- FASTTAKES: Huawei, Google, Facebook, Qualcomm, AlcaLu
- Webwire: Ericsson sued for $330m; Cisco Q2 profit grows 44%
- Webwire: Sprint abandons Carrier IQ; Huawei, ZTE eye $200m India revenue
- Webwire: Apple, Samsung setbacks in legal fight; Huawei hits out at US