The Philippines' Globe Telecom has launched unlimited flat-rate data roaming across 11 APAC nations, via its collaboration with roaming alliance Bridge Alliance.
Japan's UQ Communications on Friday launched its overseas Wimax access service, World Wimax, in 25 Korean cities.
Google said it had made progress in 2010 towards increasing the reliability of its Gmail email service to the 99.999% uptime aimed for by fixed voice service providers.
Bharti Airtel has finalized a previously-announced deal with IBM that will see the vendor provide IT infrastructure and technology services for the mobile operations in 16 African countries which Bharti last year acquired from Zain.
India's Ministry of Finance said it had so far found no irregularities in local banks' deals to lend money to the new companies that won 2G licenses in the controversial 2008 allocation.
- Webwire: Google buys IBM patents; RIM willing to restrict UK services
- Webwire: Amazon Android store; Etisalat-Zain deal in doubt
- FASTTAKES: Huawei, Macquarie, Spice, Bharti Airtel, Kordia, Trai, Alca-Lu
- Webwire: MS complains to EU about Mot-Google; Airtel hit with $3.1b claim
- Webwire: Optus buys Vividwireless; Iran blocks SSL sites