IBM has opened a cloud computing laboratory in Hong Kong, it’s lab in Hong Kong, and one of ten IBM cloud computing labs worldwide.
Philippine regulator NTC has denied requests from Globe Telecom and Smart to allow them to cease offering SMS and call promotions during Christmas and New Year, to cut back on network congestion.
China has 65 million digital TV subscribers, according to Li Dan, the head of the China Radio & TV Association.
Motorola has sold its Motorola Integrated Radio System (MIRS) unit to European telecom investor Altice Group for an undisclosed sum. MIRS provides telecom solutions to Israeli public utilities.
Adobe software has replaced Microsoft's as the most popular target for cybercriminals, with 45 holes in the software found (and patched) this year alone, according to Verisign security division iDefense.
US operator Sprint Nextel has named Matt Carter as president, 4G, to oversee its Wimax rollout. Carter’s current role as VP of Sprint Prepaid will be filled by division president Dan Schulman.
- Moto looking to sell home & networks division: reports
- Webwire: China accused of economic espionage; NEC may build gear in India LG plans smart TV SDK; Yahoo
- THE WRAP: DT sells T-Mobile USA; Japan assesses component damage
- THE WRAP: NSN concedes on Moto; Furore over China attack
- EC clears NSN to buy Motorola