Global chip sales will rise to $344b in 2014 with CAGR of 8.8%, IDCsaid. Smartphone sale will drive record $53b in wireless industry revenue this year.
One in ten Australian internet users has lost money to identify fraud over the past year with losses totaling A$1.3b ($1.1b), smh.com.au reported, citing VeriSign figures.
The Asia-Pacific PC market will grow 20.3% in 2010, with spending on PCs in Asia Pacific expected to rise 12.4% compared to 2.9% in 2009, research firm Gartnersaid.
Sony has joined rivals Amazon and Barnes & Noble in cutting the price of its e-readers. It has reduced the retail price of its range by up to $50, WSJ reported.
EMC has acquired Greenplum, which makes software that organizes large amounts of enterprise data, IDGreported. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Webwire: Apple wins unlock patent suit; Unitech to contest Telenor claim
- Webwire: Ericsson sued for $330m; Cisco Q2 profit grows 44%
- Webwire: Blogger enables per-country blocks; Sony widens loss forecast
- Webwire: TLD overhaul starts; DoCoMo tops net add charts
- Webwire: Yahoo may plan Asia sell-down; BT, UK Met to fight copper theft