Juniper has launched a new Junos-based family of processors that will allow networks to dynamically scale, and a new cross-network open software platform.
Korean operator SK Telecom has reported a 5.4% rise in Q3 revenue of KRW 3.057 trillion ($2.58 million), operating income of KRW 618.8 billion and net income of KRW 415.9 billion.
Thailand's TOT expects to be ready to launch 3G services by the first week of December, having upgraded more than 90% of its 548 base stations in Bangkok.
The Australian government has launched a $100 million tender to build Australia's first commercial scale smart grid, under its new Smart Grid, Smart City initiative.
NZ operator TelstraClear said it had nearly doubled the reach of its fiber-enabled networks via New Zelanand's largest local loop unbundling program.
The GSA said the list of operators committed to LTE has grown 35% over the past six months.
Nokia Siemens Networks said it had commenced end-to-end LTE interoperability tests with four leading device vendors across multiple frequency bands.
Ericsson has been contracted to build a 3G network and content delivery platform for India's Indira Gandhi National Open University.
- FASTTAKES: DoT, SK Telecom, TOT, Google
- FASTTAKES: Virgin Mobile India, Telecom New Zealand, SK Telecom, Harris Stratex Networks
- FASTTAKES: Telstra, SK Telecom, ST-Ericsson, TelstraClear, Airtel, DoCoMo
- FASTTAKES: Telstra, NTT, Cisco, WTO, SK Telecom
- Webwire: Google's latest Street View setback; CAT, TOT near 3G deal