Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has stirred speculation the company could buy Twitter, after having breakfast with the Dick Costolo, CEO of the microblog firm.
India's Foreign Investment Promotion Board has delayed until its next meeting on December 31 the decision on whether to approve Qualcomm's plan to deploy a TD-LTE network.
Japan's KDDI has invested $22m in US financial solution provider Microfinance International, while forging a partnership to develop a global open mobile payment platform.
Amazon says an outage in its Ireland data center was caused by a hardware failure, not a DDoS attack by WikiLeaks supporters, a spokesperson told telecomasia.net.
SingTel and Portugal Telecom have partnered to jointly develop applications for fiber and high-speed wireless networks, and share best practices in fiber and IPTV.
Thailand's True Corp has successfully trialed 100GE over its IP/MPLS network, in partnership with Alcatel-Lucent.
Telstra has achieved peak downlink speeds of 149Mbps in recent LTE lab trials and 69.3Mbps in field trials using Huawei equipment.
PC shipments in India will rise 24.7% to 13.2m units in 2010, due to growing demand from smaller cities, Gartner predicts.
- The WRAP: EC overhauls laws; TM Forum updates standards
- THE WRAP: Apple loses value on Q3 stumble; Nokia swings to loss
- Webwire: MS "extorting" Android: Google; Samsung gets US carrier allies
- Webwire: MS previews Windows 8; Cisco slashes 2012 forecast
- THE WRAP: Europe's online hours grow; UK users sick of messaging