Activist investor Carl Icahn has nearly doubled his stake in Motorola ahead of the breakup of the electronics firm. He now owns 8.8% of the company's stock, WSJreported.
Indonesia’s second-ranked cellco Indosat has appointed Citigroup to lead a $500m bond offering, reports ft.com.
NTT DoCoMo has ditched plans to offer Apple’s iPad tablet in Japan, following rival SoftBank Mobile inking an exclusive iPad distribution deal, said Business Week.
SK Telecom’s smartphone subscribers have exceeded 1m, said the Korea Herald.
Mobile net adds in Vietnam reached 12.6m in the four months to end-April, according to the General Statistics Office.
Vietnam’s MIC has awarded the country’s first Wimax license to Indochina Telecom, which was granted a MVNO license last year.
- FASTTAKES: Huawei, Telstra, Thaicom, Motorola, DoCoMo, Orange
- FASTTAKES: China Unicom, Ericsson, NTT DoCoMo, SingTel, Microsoft
- FASTTAKES: TelstraClear, Google, Bharti, Nokia, Cisco, Motorola
- FASTTAKES: Samart, Foxconn, Samsung, Motorola, Internode
- FASTTAKES: Aircel, Axiata, AIS, Google, Ericsson, Huawei