Tata Teleservices and Aircel have reportedly submitted the only bids under MTNL's offer to share its 3G network with the two highest payers.
The Chinese government shut down more than 60,000 porn websites in 2010, and has vowed to continue the crackdown this year.
China Telecom plans to upgrade all broadband services in Shanghai to fiber by 2015, reports claim.
Australia's Telstra will offer free call diversion from fixed to mobile services, and bill mobile services at home phone costs, for customers who have had their fixed service disrupted by the Queensland floods.
Four Indians have been arrested for allegedly defraudingUninor, the mobile operator majority owned by Norway's Telenor, out of 9.5 million rupees ($212,500).
NTT DoCoMo is rumored to be gearing up for a Japanese launch of an LG-produced tablet running a Google operating system.
- Webwire: BSNL in conspiracy probe; Cable break hits E Africa
- THE WRAP: Huawei foiled again, BlackBerry goes dark
- THE WRAP: Vodafone's tax issues, Apple's end-run
- Webwire: Apple sued over Siri; Rare earths dispute reaches WTO
- Webwire: Pakistan 3G auction delayed, China to set foreign investment rules