NBN Co has tapped Cisco to lead the rollout of its data centers, using Vblock technology from the Virtual Computing Environment (VCE) coalition.
Motorola Ventures will lead a $31.4m investment round in cloud storage company Clearsafe.
Thai operator DTAC will petition the government over perceived unfair treatment, as a result of delays granting it clearance to roll out commercial 3G services.
Cisco’s board has authorized the buyback of up to $10b in extra shares, taking the total clearance to up to $82b.
China Unicom added 1.1m 3G subscribers in October, to bring its total to 11.6m, operating data shows. The number of 2G customers increased by 632,000 to 152.1m.
- Webwire: $27m package for Yahoo CEO; HTC, Motorola profits hit
- Webwire: MS previews Windows 8; Cisco slashes 2012 forecast
- Webwire: New evidence in Cisco China case; UK delays 4G auction
- THE WRAP: Cisco's job cuts, DTAC dodges lawsuit
- Webwire: Huawei wins injunction against ZTE; Google sued for $13b