Japanese Wimax operator UQ Communications aims to deploy more than 6,000 Wimax base stations by March, 2,000 more base stations than originally planned. NEC will supply the new 2,000 base stations.
Bharti Airtel has fully complied with the government’s licensing regime in regards to its license fee and spectrum usage fee payments, according to special audit conducted by the government.
The dotcom domain which is at the center internet commerce celebrates its 25th birthday this week. 680,000 dotcom sites are registered every week.
Reliance Communicationssaid it has passed the 100m mobile subscriber mark.
Taiwan vendor HTC plans to start selling its smartphones through retailers, including Senao International and Synnex, rather than through mobile operators.
SK Telecom has upgraded its T.um consumer experience center in Seoul, showing off smartphones with embedded location based technology and NFC chips.
- FASTTAKES: Alca-Lu, China Mobile, HTC, DoCoMo, KT
- FASTTAKES: Verizon Wireless, China Mobile, Reliance, Foursquare, Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent
- FASTTAKES: Facebook, Android, SKT, Nortel, China Mobile
- THE WRAP: Apple fires at Google, hits HTC
- Webwire: Nortel networks breached for years; Proview seeks iPad export ban