Softbank Corp has invested 13.5 billion yen ($147m) into Zynga, the biggest Facebook games provider, Bloomberg reported.
Softbank Mobile will offer the 16GB iPhone 4 smartphone for 4,410 yen ($48.18) per month to contract customers, with the 32GB version to cost 11,520 yen monthly, said the Nikkei. Customers can order the iPhone 4 starting today, ahead of the official June 24 launch.
Starbucks will offer free Wi-Fi at its US outlets from July 1, eliminating the existing fee of $3.99 for two hours’ access.
BSNL managing director Kuldeep Goyal has asked India’s Department of Telcommunications for a refund of its 3G license fee, reports the Economic Times.
San Miguel unit Vega Telecom has bought more of Philippines Wimax operator Liberty Telecoms, reports the Manila Times.
PLDT’s planned MVNO launch in Japan has been postponed, said the Manila Times.
Nokia Siemens Networks says its new 400Gbps DWDM platform enables operators to upgrade their 10G and 40G optical networks with minimal investment.
PCCW Global subsidiary, HKT Global (Singapore) has struck an agreement with Sri Lanka’s Dialog Telekom, on MPLS interconnection.
- FASTTAKES: RCom, Reliance Industries, BSNL, Fujitsu, Softbank, Alca-Lu, NSN
- FASTTAKES: Visa, Softbank, NBN Co., AlcaLu, BSNL, Grameenphone, Hutchison
- Webwire: BSNL loss grows 50%, Softbank wins in sub gains
- FASTTAKES: Tata DoCoMo, Vibo, Apple, 2degrees, Softbank
- FASTTAKES: BSNL, Etisalat, Tata-Quippo, Gartner, Chunghwa, DoT