India's Tata DoCoMo has rolled out services in the Rajasthan circle, bringing its coverage area to 18 of India's 22 telecom circles.
Japan's Softbank has agreed to sponsor mobile operator Willcom's court-led rehabilitation process. Softbank said it has yet to determine the impact this will have on its earnings.
New Zealand's newest mobile operator, 2degrees, has launched 3G services.
Three security firms have identified a vulnerability in Apple's iOS 4 which could be used to take complete control of iPads and iPhones.
Vibo Telecom plans to upgrade its Taiwan wireless data network to 3.5G, using base stations from ZTE and core network equipment from NSN in an NT$3 billion ($93 million) project.
European chip firm Infineon is seeking to sell its wireless business for about €1.5b ($1.98b) and could reach an agreement with a buyer as early as next week, Bloomberg reports.
- Webwire: Softbank to launch 4G Friday; PlayBook gets email support
- THE WRAP: SK Telecom buys spectrum, Telstra's new NBN snag
- Webwire: Ireland drafts 4G auction terms; Softbank sells Yahoo stake
- FASTTAKES: DTAC, NTT Com, VZW, Softbank, NSN, Network Box
- FASTTAKES: Google, Ofta, Optus, Crown Fibre, TOT, HGC