India's Unitech Wireless has contracted Chinese vendor ZTE to install and manage the operator's GSM network in three circles. Unitech recently awarded a similar contract covering six circles to NSN.
Malaysia's Packet One Networks (P1) has received regulatory approval to expand its Wimax network into East Malaysia. P1 said its existing Wimax network covers 25% of the population.
US retail chain Walmart has launched a range of own-branded discount mobile plans in conjunction with prepaid carrier TracFone Wireless.
Vodafone said its roaming services unit has entered into a peering agreement with UK-based United Hubbing for the provision of global roaming services.
BT said take-up for its video on demand service Vision is falling short of expectations, and the company will almost certainly miss its target of 2-3 million subscribers by the end of next year.
- THE WRAP: Europe's online hours grow; UK users sick of messaging
- The WRAP: Vodafone secures Essar buy, agrees to SFR sale
- Webwire: Telstra, Nokia, Vodafone, Cisco, BT, Verizon
- FASTTAKES: PLDT, PT Telkom, GSMA, Vodafone, KDDI
- FASTTAKES: Vodafone, Telstra, ZTE, Alca-Lu, iiNet, ID-WiBB, News Corp, C&WW