Intelsat's Galaxy 17 satellite was successfully launched aboard Arianespace's Ariane 5 ECA rocket on May 4.
The satellite, built by Thales Alenia Space, will initially operate from 74ÂºW and offer high-power capacity to video programmers, government and corporate broadband customers in North America and in the Caribbean.
Galaxy 17 will eventually be located at 91ÂºW and will join Intelsat's North American cable community within its Galaxy fleet comprised of 15 other satellites that cover North America, Central America and the Caribbean. The satellite features 24 C- and 24 Ku-band transponders allowing for increased power and flexibility for key video and data transmissions. This is Intelsat's first satellite launch of 2007.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast