Germany's METRO Group will equip another 200 hypermarkets across Germany with RFID technology from Checkpoint Systems.
Installed at the retail firms Real hypermarkets, these RFID portals will be used to track pallets as they arrive to improve supply chain efficiency. The same portals will be used for case level tracking, according to Checkpoint.
Checkpoint already installed portals in a hundred Real hypermarkets last year.
In 2004, the METRO Group began using RFID throughout its supply chain to improve inventory visibility resulting in enhanced customer shopping experience.
In 2007, Checkpoint provided systems integration services for an RFID pilot project in the company's Galeria Kaufhof department store in Essen, Germany.
Checkpoint also supplies RFID labels for another project involving Asian suppliers.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast