Globalstar Inc. has received US government approvals to export its eight spare satellites to Europe for continued pre-launch preparations.
The satellites, which recently completed initial post storage tests at the Space Systems/Loral facility in Palo Alto, California, were now being prepared for shipment to an Alcatel Alenia Space facility in Italy where they would undergo additional validation testing.
The satellites are ground spares for the company's first generation LEO (low earth orbit) satellite constellation, which is used to provide mobile satellite voice and data services to Globalstar customers around the world.
SS/L is now coordinating with the former Globalstar satellite production partners Alcatel Alenia Space and EADS Astrium to prepare the spare satellites for launch. Globalstar has a firm contract with Starsem for the launch of the eight spare satellites.
- ZTE and Sany deepen 5G cooperation to promote the digital transformation of intelligent manufacturing
- ZTE and China Mobile launch a marine broadband satellite solution creating a new era of marine communication
- ZTE common core enables intelligent and simple 5G construction
- ZTE & China Mobile's joint-effort in realizing industry's 1st typical-service-based NB-IoT massive-capacity evaluation with NMVP
- Huawei introduces autonomous driving core network