Remote Data Exchange (RDX) said it has successfully deployed a GPS-based Passenger Information System (PIS) on Indian Railways.
The system allows trains to get exact information of stations along its route, according to RDX.
The system is running on Mumbai CST to Nanded, Tapovan Express and will also be commissioned on number of trains plying the Central Railway route.
This GPS system was developed specifically for Indian Railways and comes with an entertainment sub-system. Passengers traveling in AC coaches can watch video clips, movies and the video songs all the time during their journey.
The system was designed for rugged conditions and comes with anti-theft mechanism.
The Southern Central Railway (SCR) division will adopt the system for wider implementation on more trains, RDX said.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast