Hong Kong, September 14, 2015 - The shortlist of nominees for Telecom Asia’s 8th annual Readers’ Choice & Innovation Awards has been finalized, and voting is now open to its online subscriber base of service providers across Asia.
The editors of Telecom Asia narrowed down nominations in 21 categories to a shortlist of 90, representing 51 companies.
Leading the list of finalists this year is Huawei Technologies, with nominations in eleven categories. Ericsson has eight nominations; ZTE and Cisco Systems have seven each; and Nokia Networks has four.
Now in its eighth year, the awards program continues its heavy emphasis on innovation. The word “Innovation” in the titles of select awards reflects the increased focus that suppliers have made to ensure their products and services help telcos find new ways to partner, test new business models and compete in the digital economy.
Voting for Asia’s best technology providers will close on October 15. The winners will be announced at the Readers' Choice & Innovation Awards ceremony in Singapore, tentatively scheduled for late November.
Telecom Asia organizes the awards each year to recognize the technology innovations and accomplishments of the top telecom vendors operating in Asia Pacific.
To cast your vote, follow this link.
For details on the nominated innovations, click here [PDF].
* Overall quality of innovation and contribution to technology advancement (60%)
* Vision and industry leadership (15%)
* Market acceptance -- market share growth, market share and new customer acquisition (15%)
* Revenue growth and profitability (10%)
* Based on performance in 12 months prior to Aug 1, 2015 -- nominated products/services should have been announced by August 2014
Readers' Choice & Innovation Awards 2015 Shortlist
1. LTE Innovation of the Year
1. Allot Communications, Virtual traffic detection function for vEPC
2. Ericsson, Networks Software 15B
3. Huawei Technologies, 4.5G solution
4. Nokia Networks, LTE-based network in a box
5. Qualcomm, Snapdragon X12 and X5 LTE modems for automobiles
2. Small-cell Innovation of the Year
1. Airvana, OneCell C-RAN Small Cell
2. Ciena, 3905 Service Delivery Switch (SDS)
3. Ericsson, License Assisted Access (LAA) small cells
4. Huawei Technologies, LampSite + Service Anchor
5. ZTE, Qcell solution
3. Cloud Innovation of the Year
1. Ericsson, Ericsson Cloud System
2. Huawei Technologies, FusionSphere
3. IBM, Identity Mixer
4. Vmware, vSphere 6
4. SDN Innovation of the Year
1. Brocade, SDN-enabled Smart Packet Brokering for Mobile Service Providers
2. Huawei Technologies, Agile Network
3. Nuage Networks, Virtualized Services Assurance Platform (VSAP)
4. ZTE, iSDN solution
5. NFV Innovation of the Year
1. Cisco Systems, Virtual Packet Core (VPC)
2. Genband, NFV portfolio
3. Huawei Technologies, CloudEdge, CloudCore and Digital inCloud
4. Mitel, mOne Convergence Platform (Virtualized IMS Core suite)
5. VMware, vCloud for NFV