Lockheed Martin and ITT Corp. have formed an alliance to bid for the construction of the US Air Force's next generation Global Positioning System Space Segment program, known as GPS Block III.
Under the agreement, the two companies will build on their existing partnership on the government's Block IIR and IIR-M series in which Lockheed Martin serves as the prime contractor and spacecraft integrator, with ITT as the navigation payloads provider.
GPS III will address the challenging military transformational and civil needs across the globe, including advanced anti-jam capabilities and improved system security, accuracy and reliability. GPS Block III will enhance space-based navigation and performance and set a new world standard for positioning and timing services.
- ZTE and Sany deepen 5G cooperation to promote the digital transformation of intelligent manufacturing
- ZTE and China Mobile launch a marine broadband satellite solution creating a new era of marine communication
- ZTE common core enables intelligent and simple 5G construction
- ZTE & China Mobile's joint-effort in realizing industry's 1st typical-service-based NB-IoT massive-capacity evaluation with NMVP
- Huawei introduces autonomous driving core network