This white paper focuses on the items that need to be addressed for the wireless industry to be comfortable with virtualizing their networks. It takes a hard look at some of the key real-world deployment and operational issues when moving toward network function virtualization (NFV).
The paper describes prerequisites to deliver predictable mission-critical applications based on NFV. In particular, it examines key architectural aspects and functions delivered by management and orchestration. It also explores technologies such as SDN and their role, as well as community efforts such as Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV).
This white paper was first published on 4G Amercias website
- Advancing communications innovation through open source communities
- SDN and NFV for Wi-Fi networks
- Bending iron - software defined networks and virtualization for the mobile operator
- vCPE business case: potentially billions of dollars payback for fixed CSPs
- Reinventing enterprise networks with NFV and SDN technologies