The AFP reports that 47.3% of heavily wired South Koreans illegally download at least a full length movie per week. A Korean Film Council survey polling 2,358 Koreans aged 15 to 49 found that they use file sharing websites to pay from zero to 100 won (11 cents) per movie download. The average movie pirate downloads 54.5 movies per year. One-third claim affordability as the primary factor and flexibility in download times as the next most common reason. The other 52.7% of non-pirates are not saints: only 12% admitted that they were taking the honorable stance and didn't want to violate copyrights. Twenty eight percent said it was too complicated.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast