Stop me before I download again! Reuters reports that a lonely Canadian oil field worker generated an $83,700 cellphone bill while working alone at an isolated shack in northwest Alberta. Piotr Staniaszek, a 22-year-old oil well tester, didn't realize that his cellular plan did not include modem downloads of movies. He thought his $10 monthly plan from Bell Mobility allowed unlimited Internet browsing. Piotr's father, also Piotr, managed to get the charges reduced to $3,400 Canadian but is still incredulous. His son can barely make the payments on his new truck he bought for work.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast