(Satellite Today via NewsEdge) Orbital Sciences Corp. has delivered the Optus D1 communications satellite to Arianespace's Kourou, French Guiana launch site, where it is scheduled to be launched into orbit aboard an Ariane 5 rocket in September.
The Optus D1 is the first of two high-power satellites that Orbital is building for Optus Networks of Australia. The second satellite, Optus D2, is scheduled for completion and launch in 2007. Both of the Optus satellites are based on Orbital's new Star 2.4 platform.
Â© 2006 Access Intelligence, LLC.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast