(Associated Press WorldStream via NewsEdge) Russia has successfully launched a Kosmos-series military satellite, using a Soyuz-U booster rocket.
The Kosmos-2423 military satellite was placed into a designated orbit eight minutes after its launch from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, the Russian Space Forces said in a statement.
"Stable communications is being maintained with the satellite launched in the interests of the Defense Ministry," the agency said, without elaborating on the satellite's purpose and characteristics.
Â© 2006 The Associated Press
Â© 2006 Dialog, a Thomson business. All rights reserved
- ZTE and Sany deepen 5G cooperation to promote the digital transformation of intelligent manufacturing
- ZTE and China Mobile launch a marine broadband satellite solution creating a new era of marine communication
- ZTE common core enables intelligent and simple 5G construction
- ZTE & China Mobile's joint-effort in realizing industry's 1st typical-service-based NB-IoT massive-capacity evaluation with NMVP
- Huawei introduces autonomous driving core network