Wimax equipment supplier Alvarion teamed up with Spanish ISP Iberbanda and equipment maker Comfone to demonstrate seamless roaming between Wi-Fi and mobile Wimax at the Mobile World Congress.
Alvarion used Intel's Wimax Connection 2250 chip integrated into its 4Motionsolution, running over the 3.5 GHz spectrum provided by Iberbanda. Comfone, meanwhile, provided the access points used in the demo.
By enhancing coverage, seamless roaming via Wi-Fi/Wimax is seen to improve access to Web 2.0 applications over wireless broadband.
This also allows operators to migrate seamlessly to Wimax while introducing more services to a larger base of subscribers.
All four partners promised to collaborate further in advancing seamless Wi-Fi/Wimax connectivity.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast