When Rima Pivovarova tells her son about his birth she can give credit to mobile phones for helping doctors with the delivery. Backup generators during a power failure did not provide lights to the maternity ward, but quick thinking nurses borrowed enough mobile phones to shine some light on the situation. Nurse Nadezhda Stempkovskaya said that mother and son are doing well in spite of birthing complications. According to Cellular-News.com, there were also reports last year of surgeons in Lahore, Pakistan regularly using cellphone screen lights to assist in operations due to continual power outages.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast