Hong Kong, October 9, 2013 - The shortlist of nominees for Telecom Asia’s Readers’ Choice & Innovation Awards has been finalized and voting is now open to its online subscriber base of service providers across Asia.
The editors of Telecom Asia, with support from a team of a dozen analysts, narrowed down the 174 nominations in 17 categories to a shortlist of 69, representing 37 companies.
Leading the list of finalists this year with nominations in six categories was Huawei Technologies. Alcatel-Lucent, Juniper Networks, NSN, SAP and ZTE each had four. Ciena, Ericsson and Oracle were nominated in three categories. Six companies each made the shortlist in two categories. A total of 12 companies made the shortlist for the first time, including Assia, Calix, Cyan, Gigamon, Guavus, Lavastorm and Jamcracker.
Now in its sixth year, the awards have always put a heavy emphasis on innovation. But this year we have added “Innovation” to the name to reflect the increased focus that suppliers have made to ensure their products and services help telcos find new ways to partner, test new business models and compete in the digital economy.
Voting for Asia’s best technology providers will close on October 25. The winners will be announced at the Readers' Choice & Innovation Awards ceremony on December 5 in Singapore.
Telecom Asia organizes the awards each year to recognize the technology innovations and accomplishments of the top telecom vendors operating in Asia Pacific. Nominations were open to analysts, consultants and telco executives in September.
- Overall quality of innovation and contribution to technology advancement (60%)
- Vision and industry leadership (15%)
- Market acceptance -- market share growth, market share and new customer acquisition (15%)
- Revenue growth and profitability (10%)
- Based on performance in 12 months prior to Aug 1, 2013 -- nominated products/services should have been available by June 30, 2013
READERS' CHOICE & INNOVATION AWARDS 2013 CATEGORIES
- LTE Innovation of the Year
- Broadband Innovation of the Year
- Cloud Innovation of the Year
- Business Analytics Innovation of the Year
- CEM Innovation of the Year
- Bandwidth Optimization Innovation of the Year
- Small-cell Innovation of the Year
- SDN Innovation of the Year
- Optical Network Innovation of the Year
- Core Network Project of the Year
- OSS Innovation of the Year
- BSS Innovation of the Year
- Data Center Innovation of the Year
- Wireless Network Project of the Year
- Infrastructure Management Project of the Year
- FTTx Project of the Year
- Carrier Ethernet Project of the Year
About Telecom Asia
Telecom Asia is Asia's largest regional telecom publishing group. It publishes the magazine Telecom Asia and the website www.telecomasia.net, aimed at telecommunications professionals around the region. Combined, these titles serve more than 100,000 subscribers.
For more information contact:
Email: [email protected]
Direct line: +852 2589-1389
- Winners of 21st Telecom Asia Awards embrace disruptive innovation
- Finalists from 14 APAC markets vie for 21st Telecom Asia Awards
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018 nominations now open!
- Telecom Asia announces shortlist for 10th Readers' Choice & Innovation Awards
- Call for nominations: Tenth Annual Readers' Choice & Innovation Awards 2017