SpeedCast has launch MobiCast, billed as Asia's first interactive mobile TV platform available across Asia via an advanced multicast satellite delivery platform.
MobiCast is an end-to-end fully managed service that enables mobile operators to launch Mobile TV services with a bouquet of over 30 mobile TV channels, including SpeedCast made-for-mobile channels.
Channels are streamed live or in video-on-demand format via satellite to 2.5G or 3G mobile network. MobiCast includes content sourcing, rights clearance, content post-production, encoding, content management and storage, access control, status report, streaming platform and portal user interface - all of which allows mobile operators to focus on the marketing and billing process of the service.
MobiCast is also the platform behind the mobile TV service launched by Indonesian cellco Mobile 8 earlier this month.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast