StarHub to establish security joint venture

06 Sep 2018
00:00
News
Daily News

Singapore's StarHub plans to establish a new joint venture with security services company Certis, which is set to be one of Asia's largest pure-play cyber security companies.

StarHub's Cyber Security center of excellence and its subsidiary Accel Systems and Technologies will be combined with Certis' cyber security arm to establish Ensign InfoSecurity.

The new venture will be 60% owned by Certis' parent company, Singapore state investment company Temasek Holdings, with StarHub owning the remaining 40%.

It will specialize in offering bespoke end-to-end cybersecurity solutions to enterprises and government agencies in Singapore and internationally.

The Ensign team will consist of around 500 analysts, consultants and researchers, operating out of the company's corporate headquarters in Singapore. Its core markets will be Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.

“In today’s digital economy, cyber security is a top national and commercial security priority,” StarHub chairman Terry Clontz said.

“By integrating our Cyber Security Center of Excellence with two leading homegrown cyber security companies, Ensign will possess the capabilities and scale necessary to deliver a wide range of solutions to its clients. This unique proposition makes Ensign well-placed to be the standard-bearer for cyber security in the region.”

The two companies have appointed Lee Fook Sun as Ensign's first executive chairman.

Related content

Comments
No Comments Yet! Be the first to share what you think!