10 Nov 2008
Vyke Communications, a mobile VoIP service provider, released its annual survey of Asian expats within the UK. Findings, according to WebitPR.com include:
- More male expats are likely to call their friends abroad than their girlfriends.
- For a quarter of people who call abroad, their mobile phone calls and texts can cost over Â£60($98.50) a month.
- The majority of expats aged between 16 and 24 years old spend more on making mobile phone calls than they do on food.
- Women talk more, spending a greater amount on their mobile phone bills than men do.
- Moving abroad doesn't mean cutting off ties. Expats in London value their friendships more, with 53% regularly calling their friends, whereas in Wales only 20% call their friends back home.
- 40% of British ethnic communities keep in touch with their families by calls and text.
- Ethnic communities value their friendships abroad more than those here in the UK.