Sweden's Modern Times Group and the UK's Strong Media Group have teamed up to launch satellite TV operations in Ukraine
The joint venture, Viasat Ukraine, is Ukraine's first premium DTH satellite TV operator. It will offer a wide range of local Ukrainian and Russian channels, as well as locally customized international channels, including Viasat History, Viasat Explorer, TV1000 East and TV1000 Russian Kino.
"The Ukraine is one of the largest and fastest-growing markets in Eastern Europe. The partnership structure provides a strong combination of local and regional broadcasting experience and expertise, and is expected to enable us to achieve an accelerated development in this exciting market," said Hans-Holger Albrecht, president and CEO of MTG.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast