Taiwan Mobile is set to deploy a service that allows subscribers to conduct commercial transactions such as the purchase of goods and services using mobile phones.
The company has chosen Gemalto to provide digital security for this SIM-based contactless service, which will be rolled out nationwide in Taiwan this year, according to an announcement from Gemalto.
Using near-field communications (NFC), Taiwan Mobile's subscribers will be able to securely purchase goods, top-up their transport pass or manage coupons by activating contactless mode on their mobile.
Banks, transport companies and other service providers will be allowed to incorporate their services onto a mobile environment.
With this service, subscribers do not have to go to a bank branch or train station to load and update their accounts.
The technology, according to Gemalto, allows Taiwan Mobile to register, issue, manage and terminate mobile NFC services over-the-air.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast