|Best Emerging Market Operator|
Smart Axiata is not just another mobile operator. The Cambodia-based company wants to use innovation to simplify and raise the quality of living among Cambodians. It calls it Digital Champion.
The strategy saw the company roll out VoLTE in early 2018 and become the first 4.5G operator in Cambodia. Its SmartNas app gave consumers to easily manage their mobile usage, while the SmartVIP service gave them exclusive access to discounts, rewards and privileges in over 200 outlets. Content partnerships with both local and international companies, such as iflix, Soyo and JaikonTV, raised its value proposition.
Digital Champion is working. It accelerated Smart Axiata’s performance and cemented leadership, despite intense competition. It also helped it bag the Best Emerging Market Operator award.
This article first appeared on Telecom Asia December July 2018 Edition
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018: Adding intelligence to billing
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018: Disrupting the broadband market with customer value
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018: Making the modern telco CEO
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018: Empowering connectivity across the region
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018: Expanding the managed service promise