Hong Kong, February 13, 2018 – Telecom Asia is once again calling for readers, analysts and telcos to nominate the best and brightest telecoms operators in the Asia Pacific region.
This year the number of awards has been expanded, with six categories added: Best 5G Technology Trailblazer, Best Customer Service, Best NFV/SDN Implementation, Most Innovative IoT Project, Most Innovative Network Transformation Initiative and Most Innovative Smart Cities Project.
Telecom Asia readers are invited to nominate candidates in any of the 26 categories (see below for the full list of all categories). The deadline for online submissions is March 12, Monday.
Winners will be selected from a shortlist of candidates nominated by Telecom Asia readers, an independent judging panel and our editors. The judging panel, which will cast votes on the basis of innovation, financial performance, technology, market leadership and corporate governance, has the final say on which nominations make the shortlist.
The awards will be presented at a ceremony in June in Singapore.
Now on its 21st year, the Telecom Asia Awards is the region’s longest-running and most prestigious industry award specifically set up for the telecoms industry. With theme of "Getting real with digital", the 21th annual Telecom Asia Awards brings focus to the achievements of players – old and new – honoring those who lead the industry towards new and innovative business models.
“Digital is introducing new levels of disruptive innovation for the industry reflecting the desire and commitment of players to become the best in their respective markets. We aim to bring to the attention of the world these innovators to inspire others to even greater heights of innovation and value creation,” said Allan Tan, editor-in-chief, Telecom Asia.
Last year, a total of 21 awards were presented to 18 winners. Telekom Malaysia was the big winner, taking home the Best Asian Telecom Carrier trophy and Best Broadband Carrier prize, while Tan Sri Dato' Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa was named the prestigious Telecom CEO of the Year.
Singtel won the Best Managed Services Provider trophy and the Most Innovative Approach to Mobile Security for its Enterprise Mobility Management solution.
For more information about the 2018 Telecom Asia Awards and full list of 2017 winners:
Awards Categories – 21st Annual Telecom Asia Awards
- Best 5G Technology Trailblazer
- Best Broadband Carrier
- Best Cloud-Based Service
- Best Community Telecom Project
- Best Customer Service
- Best Data Center Services Provider
- Best E-commerce Service
- Best Emerging Market Operator
- Best International Wholesale Carrier
- Best Managed Services Provider
- Best Mobile Carrier
- Best Mobile Payments Service
- Best Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO)
- Best NFV/SDN Implementation
- Best OTT Video Service
- Most Innovative Approach to Analytics
- Most Innovative Approach to Customer Experience
- Most Innovative Approach to Mobile Security
- Most Innovative IoT Project
- Most Innovative Network Transformation Initiative
- Most Innovative Smart Cities Project
- Most Innovative Partnership Strategy
- Most Innovative Telecom Project
- Most Innovative Video Service
- Most Innovative Voice Service or Solution
- Telecom CEO of the Year
- Best Asian Telecom Carrier *
*This category is not open for Telecom Asia readers’/service providers’ nominations
About Telecom Asia
Telecom Asia is Asia's largest regional telecom publishing group. Its products include Telecom Asia magazine, www.telecomasia.net and a range of industry-specific supplements aimed at telecommunications professionals around the region.
For more information, please contact:
Editor-in-chief, Telecom Asia
Email: [email protected]
- Winners of 21st Telecom Asia Awards embrace disruptive innovation
- Telecom Asia Awards 2018 ceremony highlights
- Finalists from 14 APAC markets vie for 21st Telecom Asia Awards
- Huawei, Cisco big winners of Readers' Choice & Innovation Awards
- Telecom Asia announces winners of the 11th Readers' Choice & Innovation Awards