Hong Kong, October 6, 2014 - The shortlist of nominees for Telecom Asia’s Readers’ Choice & Innovation Awards has been finalized and voting is now open to its online subscriber base of service providers across Asia.
The editors of Telecom Asia, with support from a team of analysts, narrowed down nominations in 18 categories to a shortlist of 75, representing 44 companies.
Leading the list of finalists this year with nominations is eight categories is Huawei Technologies. Alcatel-Lucent has seven, ZTE has five, and Nokia Networks has four. Six companies each made the shortlist in two categories.
Now in its seventh year, the awards program continues its heavy emphasis on innovation. The word “Innovation” in the titles of select awards reflects the increased focus that suppliers have made to ensure their products and services help telcos find new ways to partner, test new business models and compete in the digital economy.
Voting for Asia’s best technology providers will close on October 22. The winners will be announced at the Readers' Choice & Innovation Awards ceremony on December 4 in Singapore.
Telecom Asia organizes the awards each year to recognize the technology innovations and accomplishments of the top telecom vendors operating in Asia Pacific. Nominations were open to analysts, consultants and telco executives in September.
* Overall quality of innovation and contribution to technology advancement (60%)
* Vision and industry leadership (15%)
* Market acceptance -- market share growth, market share and new customer acquisition (15%)
* Revenue growth and profitability (10%)
* Based on performance in 12 months prior to Aug 1, 2014 -- nominated products/services should have been available by June 30, 2014
Categories for 2014
1. LTE Innovation of the Year
2. Small-cell Innovation of the Year
3. Business Analytics Innovation of the Year
4. CEM Innovation of the Year
5. Cloud Innovation of the Year
6. Data Center Innovation of the Year
7. Broadband Innovation of the Year
8. SDN/NFV Innovation of the Year
9. Test & Measurement Innovation of the Year
10. OSS Innovation of the Year
11. BSS Innovation of the Year
12. Bandwidth Optimization Innovation of the Year
13. Optical Network Innovation of the Year
14. Telecoms Security Innovation of the Year
15. FTTx Project of the Year
16. Core Network Innovation of the Year
17. Carrier Ethernet Project of the Year
18. Wireless Network Project of the Year