Shin Satellite's Thaicom 3 satellite has been transferred to a new orbital slot at 50.5 degrees East in geosynchronous orbit above the Middle East, from its original location of 78.5 degrees East in early August.
All customer traffic from the satellite was shifted to the newly launched Thaicom 5.
Thaicom 3 drifted from 78.5 to 50.5 degrees East for approximately one month, traveling 20,643 kilometers to reach its target destination. Shin Satellite's engineering team recently completed testing of the satellite at its new location.
Thaicom 3, an Alcatel Alenia Space-built Spacebus 3000A model, is now ready to commence services in the Middle East and South Asia.
- Motive Big Network Analytics - Infographic
- MBB viewpoint: The market situation, key challenges and strategies
- FiberHome products are serving more than 20 million subscribers in Asia Pacific with its FTTH integrated solution.
- At a glance: Global SaaS market and Huawei's CSB Cloud Marketplace
- Taming the Big Data beast