This paper defines the MEF's vision for Lifecycle Service Orchestration (LSO) and describes the essential LSO and management capabilities necessary to achieve the goal of the Third Network to deliver network as a service.
The goal of LSO is to define service abstractions that hide the complexity of underlying network technologies and layers from the applications and users of the services. The LSO vision will drive functional requirements and APIs that support capabilities for fulfillment, control, performance, assurance, usage, security, analytics, and policy across multi-operator networks.
- Carrier Ethernet and SDN Part 2: Practical considerations
- Improving mobile customer retention through multi-dimensional analysis of QoE
- vCPE business case: potentially billions of dollars payback for fixed CSPs
- Technology vision 2020: personalizing the network experience
- MEF Third Network vision and strategy