Space-Communication, the operator of the AMOS satellite fleet, will provide DRS Technologies' technical services business segment with Ku-band satellite transponder capacity.
DRS Technologies, in turn, will provide the US Department of Defense with satellite communications capabilities via the Defense Information Systems Network's (DISN) Satellite Transmission Services-Global (DSTS-G) government contract vehicle.
The custom solution will help the DoD establish and maintain communications for military operations while adhering to the DSTS-G Program's intent for cost-effective and adaptable commercial satellite bandwidth provisioning, DRS Technologies said.
Under the deal, Spacecom will provide transponder use over Europe for one base year, with an option for three, one-year extensions through its relationship with DRS.
Â© 2007 Dialog, a Thomson business. All rights reserved.
- ZTE and Sany deepen 5G cooperation to promote the digital transformation of intelligent manufacturing
- ZTE and China Mobile launch a marine broadband satellite solution creating a new era of marine communication
- ZTE common core enables intelligent and simple 5G construction
- ZTE & China Mobile's joint-effort in realizing industry's 1st typical-service-based NB-IoT massive-capacity evaluation with NMVP
- Huawei introduces autonomous driving core network