The 5G Software Network Working Group as part of the 5G-PPP Initiative prepared this white paper to provide first insights and trigger discussions about 5G cloud-native design. The shift from the cloud ready to cloud native, from VM to container, from MANO to Kubernetes, etc is a must have to avoid the risk that 5G remains a niche connectivity gap-filler largely ignored by cloud applications and services boom.
The WP highlights that we must ensure ascending compatibility with cloud environment in order to design a cloud-native 5G system and benefit from the best technologies from the cloud industry, essentially today the open source community, including micro-services the de-facto cloud industrial standard, and more general the service based architecture, and the most crucial technical assets from 5G-PPP Phase 1 and Phase 2 projects.
This white paper was originally published on 5G-PPP website
- 5G and cloud: Accelerating new growth opportunities for CSPs
- SD-WANs: Answering the demands of the cloud-based IT ecosystem
- Bending iron - software defined networks and virtualization for the mobile operator
- Understanding SD-WAN managed services
- Accelerating G.fast deployments through virtualization