HP's board may replace CEO Leo Apotheker with former eBay manager Meg Whitman, two sources say, and might also reevaluate the decision to spin off the PC business, according to a third.
Despite official denials, the Philippines' PLDT is still rumored to be considering a “white knight” buyout of the struggling Philippine Airlines.
Japanese companies including NTT, NEC, Mitsubishi and social network operator GREE have set up a new fund to provide early venture capital funding to internet start-ups
Apple has secured 40 patents in China covering products including the iPhone and iPad, in a bid to better protect its intellectual property in the nation.
Shareholders seeking to boost RIM’s fortunes by selling its patent horde will be disappointed, one analyst warns, because the retail price will be over $1 billion lower than the paper value.
Google has opened its Google+ social network service to public registration, and debuted a host of new features including improved topic search functionality. The site launched in beta in June.
India's BSNL has handed Sterlite Technologies a 1.14 billion rupee ($23.6 million) central office broadband system contract.
A UK children’s charity says parents must do more to monitor their children’s online activities, as research shows 21% of adults fail to keep adequate track of their child’s social networking habits compared to 13% that report doing so.
- Webwire: Reports of Syria iPhone ban; PLDT bids for rest of Digitel
- Webwire: HP dumps PC spinoff plan; Baidu Q3 profit grows 80%
- Webwire: KDDI Q3 net grows 4.8%; AIS 3G roaming from this month
- Webwire: Google ponders EU fiber network; Apple, eBay stocks on the move
- Webwire: China accused of economic espionage; NEC may build gear in India LG plans smart TV SDK; Yahoo