The Chairman and another board member of Thai state-owned operator TOT have resigned over fears of legal reprisals if AIS resists the compensation claims over changes to the operators' concession arrangements.
Hong Kong's PCCW is considering listing parts of its telecom operations through a business trust, following a similar model to a recent spinoff of the ports business of Hutchison Whampoa.
Vodafone named most valuable telecom brand
Google has been named the most valuable business brand in the world, and Vodafone the top telecom brand as well as the largest in the UK, in the latest annual list from BrandFinance.
France's privacy regulator has fined Google €100,000 ($142,000) for accidentally collecting Wi-Fi packet data with its Street View fleet of camera vans last year.
The Indian government has added the first plank in a new layer of controls over the use of phone tapping by state investigators.
Facebook will buy Israeli feature phone app developer Snaptu for an undisclosed sum, marking the social networking company's second mobile purchase this year.
- Webwire: LG back to black in Q2; Apple plans face recognition API
- Webwire: Google's latest Street View setback; CAT, TOT near 3G deal
- THE WRAP: DT sells T-Mobile USA; Japan assesses component damage
- Webwire: Telefonica kicks $14b into Brazil; India to auction 700MHz
- Webwire: India may double Vod bill; PLDT-Digitel deal delayed